lats4d for defined variable

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 3 19:19:41 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Semyon Grodsky <senya at atmos.umd.edu> wrote:

> Folks,
> I am a beginner with lats4d.
>
> I would like to output a defined variable (that is a result of
> calculations) into a netcdf. Is it possible with lats4d?

Yes, you should be able to do it. Here is an example:

% gradsnc -l
ga-> open model.ctl
ga-> set x 1 72
ga-> speed = sqrt(ua*ua+va*va)
ga-> lats4d -o myfile -func speed -time 0z1jan1987 -vars ps
ga-> quit

and it will create a netcdf file named "myfile.nc" with a variable called
"ps" but actually containing the defined variable "speed". There are other
tricks you can play to have the variable name come right, but I'll stop here
since I don't know what you are trying to do exactly.

      Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu