skew-T from ECMWF grid data

mario frangipane frangix at YAHOO.IT
Thu Sep 27 12:19:35 EDT 2007

Daniele, thank you very very much for your message!

  I have created a Skew-T diagram using the script of Bob Hart and the ECMWF grid data.  :-)

  The archive of ECMWF do not contain the dewpoin temperature and wind direction and I must calculate them.

  But, how is calculated the wind direction? (clockwise? from nord?)

  Moreover, the moist adiabats are not drawn!  :-(

  Bob Hart write:

  http://moe.met.fsu.edu/~rhart/skewfaq.html#Q7

  "Some versions of 1.6 and 1.7 had a bug that produced math errors when calculations were performed in scripts. The lastest beta version (1.7 beta 9) fixes the error"

  But I use GrADS 1.8!

  You can still help me?

  Thank you very much!

  Regards,

          Mario

Daniele Gandini <Daniele.Gandini at ARPA.PIEMONTE.IT> ha scritto:
          Hello Mario,

  it is very simple.

  First you set on a lat-lon point and on all vertical levels:

  'set lon 'lonp
'set lat 'latp
'set z 1 '_NLEV

  then you run skew script written by Bob Hart that you can download from

  http://moe.met.fsu.edu/~rhart/skew.html