template in netCDF data

Sergey Varlamov vsm at RIAM.KYUSHU-U.AC.JP
Wed Sep 19 04:23:38 EDT 2007

Nakazawa-san,

You can use the template with Netcdf files in GrADS.
Detailed instructions are in the GrADS documentation:

http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/descriptorfile.html

You  need directly specify the:

DTYPE  netcdf

plus define the time range:

tdef 10 linear 00:00Z08jan2006 1dy

and, possibly, modify the variables description  (use ncdump -c  "you
_nc_file" to get info)
like next:

votemper=>t 72 t,z,y,x  potential temperature [C]

May be you will need also the xdef,ydef and zdef sections, especially if
these are not standard in the nc file.

If you will have problems - please send me one or two you nc files,
I'll make for you an example of data description file.

Sergey Varlamov,
RIAM, Kyushu University