Dumping a GRIB file using lats4d

Ernani de Lima Nascimento elnascimento at UFPR.BR
Mon Sep 17 15:59:12 EDT 2007

Hello,
Probably this has been discussed before, but here is the problem I am facing:

With GRADSv1.8 I generate a binary file using the "gxout fwrite" option,
and the content of this binary file is just fine (I create an appropriate
.ctl for it). Now, from this binary file -- which, as a test, contains a
simple divergence field -- I want to generate a GRIB file using the lats4d
script.

The command line I am using is:
lats4d -v -i test_hdivg -o filename_grib -format grib -table table_test

(I have created a parameter file called "table_test", but the same error
message appears when I use -table @my.table or -table =, or when I simply
drop -table altogether)