Is there a GRADS version for Linux 64bit available?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at FREE.FR
Wed Oct 17 04:17:12 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 09:36:15AM +0200, Alexander Beck-Ratzka wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I like to use GRADS on the Headnode of our cluster, kernel  2.6.16.49, and
> x86_64 bit processors. The grads binaries which can be downloaded run on a
> segmentation fault. I assume that is due to the fact that they were build on
> a 32 bit machine.
>
> I  would like to know whether one of you has already used GRADS on Linux
> x86_64, and what is necessary for that.

Didn't used it, but there are packages for grads on fedora, including
for 64 bit architectures. The non free parts have been removed. I
remember vaguely a post on the mailing list by somebody saying that
there was some 64 bit issues, but so far I haven't seen a patch. Maybe
this is fixed in opengrads, but it is not sure at all.

--
Pat