draw title options

Robert Burgman rburgman at RSMAS.MIAMI.EDU
Mon Oct 15 14:07:27 EDT 2007

Placing a forward slash "\" before the text will reduce the size of
the text, "\\"will reduce it further.
if you place a double forward slash "\\" in the body of the text, the
following text will be placed on 2 lines with line 2 begining after
the "\\".

 >draw title  \ first line of title \\ second line of title
        first line of title
        second line of title

--Rob

On Oct 15, 2007, at 1:12 PM, Dan Leins wrote:

> All,
>
> Should be a pretty simple answer but I can't find it anywhere. Can
> anyone tell me how I can adjust the size of the font used when
> drawing a title on an image? Right now I simply draw the title but
> often times the title is so long it runs off the edge of the image.
> I've resorted to drawing a string instead of a title at a given x/y
> position and reducing the string size using set strsiz, but I'd
> like to know how to shrink the font that's used in the title.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Dr. Robert Burgman
Division of Meteorology and Physical Oceanography
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
University of Miami MPO, MSC 237
4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
Miami, FL 33149

Tel:        (305) 421-4272