Plot variables of different files

Stegert stegert at IFM.UNI-HAMBURG.DE
Fri Oct 12 07:34:25 EDT 2007

Dear Marco,

I have no experience with nc-files but I guess it should be
similar as to handling ctl-files!?

You can open several files and switch by "set dfile N" (N be the
N-th file you've opened).

I'm not sure if you'd like to put both into a
single figure or two figure next to each other.

Case 1: open air-file
set lev 1 (e.g. to plot the first temperature level -
which I guess is the surface nearest?)
set t ...
set gxout shaded
d air
open slp-file
set dfile 2
set gxout contour
d slp (plots contours of pressure above the temperature field)

Case 2:
open air-file
set vpage (adjusted to the left or top)
set lev ...
d air
open slp-file
set vpage (now adjusted to the right or bottom)
set dfile 2
d slp

Hope this gets, what you wanted...
Christoph

--
Christoph Stegert
Institute for Oceanography - Ecological Modelling group