Regrid problem at specific latitude

Dan Leins theedge981 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 10 09:28:44 EDT 2007

 All,

I apologize for the re-post of this topic, but I still haven't had any luck
with this problem.

I recently emailed about regridding some observed snowfall data. I've had
mixed success since, but one of the lingering problems I've had is an
artifical line showing up around 41.5N, with garbled data north of that to
the top of my domain. I'm attaching an image showing the "regridded" data.
I'm also showing what the data SHOULD look like before I regridded it.
Anyone have any idea why the line is showing up? I wouldn't care if the line
were around 42.5N, but it cuts right through the area I'm interested in.

Here is the command I used to regrid the snowfall data

define actual=regrid2(snow,0.03,0.03,bl_p1,-88,39)

Any ideas? I'm absolutely stuck!

Thanks,
Dan