contour label frequency when using clevs

Russ Schumacher rschumac at ATMOS.COLOSTATE.EDU
Wed Nov 21 15:32:06 EST 2007

Hello GrADS users,

Is there a way to control the frequency of contour labels when using
explicitly-defined contour levels using "set clevs"?  "set clskip" seems to
have no effect.

For instance, let's say I open a file that contains sea-level pressure.

If I enter:
set gxout contour
set cint 4
set clskip 4
d mslp

I will get a map of MSLP with a contour every 4 mb, and every 4th contour is
labeled.

However, if I enter:
set gxout contour
set clevs 1000 1004 1008 1012 1016 1020 1024
set clskip 4
d mslp

I get the same map, but now each and every contour is labeled.  Is there a
way to make "clskip" work when I have defined the contour levels myself?

Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats printim
Running on CentOS Linux.

Thanks for your help,
Russ Schumacher
Colorado State University