File too big

Vladimir Radulovski vladradulov at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 12 08:43:00 EST 2007

You need >4GB RAM memory - if you don't have that much - split thefile . Or increasing your SWAP space...

2007/10/12, Aida Biberic <aidab at pdx.edu>:> I am not able to open a netcdf file that is about 4 GB in size. Following is> the message:>> ga-> sdfopen h0004.nc> Scanning self-describing file:  h0004.nc> nc_open failure:> File too large> h0004.nc does not exist or is not a netCDF file.>> Couldn't ingest SDF metadata.> If this was an HDF-SDS file, try gradshdf.>>> I have GrADS 1.9b4 on a x86_64 running Linux.> Please help.>> Aida>

-- ------------- Bulgarian ------------------------------Да живееш със Природата е значително по-конфортно, по-евтино и по-приятно.
------------- Английски ------------------------------Living with Nature is considerably more comfortable, cheaper and nicer.
Vladimir Radulovski, 4th year student, Physical Oceanography Group atthe Dept. of Physics , Sofia University , Bulgaria.
-------------- I am a happy user of PDL:PDL turns perl in to a free, array-oriented, numerical languagesimilar to (but, we believe, better than) such commerical packages asIDL and MatLab.