Danish characters

Matthias Munnich munnich at ATMOS.UCLA.EDU
Tue May 29 14:42:34 EDT 2007

Jesper Larsen wrote:
> Hi Grads users,
>
> Is it possible to use locale specific characters (Danish æ, ø and å in my
> case) for the text in GrADS?
>
> - Jesper

Hi Jesper:

 International characters are not included in the fontN.dat files. So
you need to go through some hoops.  Your possibilities include:

1) Use "draw string x y string". E.g., for ø:

ga-> draw string 1 1 o
ga-> draw string 1 1 /

This may need some tuning and the result will likely not look pretty.

2)  Implement draw  routines for these characters in the  fontN.dat
files that come with GrADS.   The format of these files is  documented
somewhere  (search the  GRADSUSR list and/or the GrADS web site).

3)  Wait until I  make my personal version  GrADS available, which
supports TrueType and other fonts which usually include international
characters.   Even Unicode characters should be supported which might
please Asian GrADS users.   Unfortunately, this will likely turn out to
be a long shot as  I have no idea when I will find the time to do this.

... Matt

(aka Matthias Münnich)

--
Matthias Munnich