thankar at geo.auth.gr

Eduardo Agosta Scarel eduardo.agosta at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 22 09:22:16 EDT 2007

The hcurl work on spherical coordinates, not cartesian. The units maycorrespond to the u,v wind componets after the derivatives.Cheers,Eduardo.
2007/5/22, Athanasios Karagiannidis <thankar at geo.auth.gr>:> Dear all!>> I have some questions about hcurl() function. I would appreciate any help!>> i) Is the equation in cartesian coordinates dv/dx - du/dy? In other> words, does hcurl calculate the horizontal component of the relative> vorticity?> ii) What are the units of the results?>> Thnak you in advance.>> Sakis Karagiannidis>

-- Fr. Eduardo Agosta Scarel, Orden del Carmen.Frailes Carmelitas, Convento "Elías Profeta",Aconcagua 3652, Lanús CP 1825, Buenos Aires. Argentina.
tel: 54 11 4248 2662; correo-e: Eduardo.Agosta at gmail.com; agosta at at.fcen.uba.ar
******  Visitanos en www.carmeloargentino.org.ar  ******