Nomad server

Dave Novak novak at ACCUWX.COM
Fri May 18 07:27:21 EDT 2007

Hello,

Jordan Alpert and Glenn Rutledge have been posting updates to the NOMADS
usergroup email list. Below are those messages. No other updates at this
time.

NOMADS6 has some of the data but not all the data.

Yes- the NCEP servers received a power hit and are working on the
problem.  There is a Real-time backup (limited access due to high
demand) at the NCDC archive series of servers:

http://nomads6.ncdc.noaa.gov/ncep_data/

Regards, Glenn

NOMADS users;

20070516:  NCEP NOMADS Real Time Servers Status:

Evaluation of NOMAD servers by the system group has found:

> Nomad3- file system check in progress.
> nomad5 bad NIC eth2
> nomad5 eth1 it links and the interface is up but it can not ping
gateway. Will forward this to NCO.
> Will provide and update when i have one.

This means that nomad3 could be back today if the file system continues to
check out.
As soon as further information is known about nomad5 problems I will let
you know.

Jordan

-Dave N

David Novak