problem with station data

Frank Aebly faebly1 at BIGRED.UNL.EDU
Wed Mar 28 16:21:28 EDT 2007

Rafael,
To save the image check the documentation for the 'printim' command.
As for the output you received from the script, I'm not sure how your
variable is defined or what your expected values are, but the first
line shows that your undefined values are set to 1e+35, which is the
very large number you are getting in the listing as well as what
looks like correct values of 300.0+.  The script looks correct, but
you appear to have undefined grid points.  I don't know if there is
anyway to prevent GrADS from printing out these values to the text
file, nor am I sure you want to.  However, if you do want to remove
them, you can do this with a pattern matching utility like 'grep'.
If you do not know how to use grep, there are many websites out there
that explain it.  An example grep command in csh would be:

grep '^3' yourfile > newfile

this will write every line in yourfile that begins with the number 3
to newfile.  Keep in mind though that this will not preserve the
relationship between the lat/lon location and the valuesin the file
(hence, why you might not want to remove them).

-Frank