Satellite Images in Grads

Tero Siili tsiili at ESA.NASCOM.NASA.GOV
Wed Mar 28 14:44:58 EDT 2007

On 28 Mar 2007, at 10:56, Walsh, Brian J wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know some people have asked about plotting satellite data in
> Grads, but I do not see any easy to follow instructions on how this
> can be achieved.  Can someone point me in the right direction on
> where to find the satellite data, and what needs to be done with
> the files in order to plot them in Grads.

I would also be interested in learning a good method to do this.
Could the remotely sensed footprints be converted to station type
data perhaps? If this would be a good path to follow, might someone
have done something similar already?

My need and application would be to plot remotely sensed data
together with model-generated data for comparison. The context is
study of the Martian atmosphere. In my case the remotely sensed data
is in form of individual observations or "stripes" of observations
rather than maps or images.

Tero Siili