up and down arrow key in GrADS

Yan Huang yhuang at EAS.GATECH.EDU
Thu Mar 22 09:51:11 EDT 2007

Diane,

Thanks.
Here is the result from 'q config', and the grads prompt is 'ga>', not
'ga->'. How to enable the readline?

Yan

ga> q config
Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian lats

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b4
Copyright (c) 1988-2005 by Brian Doty and IGES
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
This program is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information.

Built Tue Feb 27 12:50:33 EST 2007 for ia64-unknown-linux-gnu

This version of GrADS has been configured with the following options:

    o This is a 32-bit LITTLE ENDIAN machine version.
    o Command line editing (readline) DISABLED.
    o CIRES/CDC (http://www.cdc.noaa.gov) SDF/XDF interface DISABLED.
      This version is NOT configured to read NetCDF/HDF-SDS files.
    o DTYPE netcdf and DTYPE hdfsds are DISABLED.
    o OPeNDAP (a.k.a. DODS) gridded data interface DISABLED.
    o OPeNDAP (a.k.a. DODS) station data interface DISABLED.
    o PCMDI (http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov) LATS interface ENABLED.
      This version is configured to write GRIB files (but no NetCDF/HDF files).
    o DAO (http://dao.gsfc.nasa.gov) Athena Widget GUI DISABLED.
    o NRL/DAO/PCMDI XA or ImageMagick Image Output DISABLED.
    o printim command DISABLED

For additional information please consult http://grads.iges.org/grads/