time series of area averaged multi-year means

Simon Krichak shimon at CYCLONE.TAU.AC.IL
Tue Mar 20 08:55:50 EDT 2007

 Hello,

I have 10 y of gridded mean-monthly data and I want to draw a graph with
time variation of an area averaged multiyear mean air temperature from January to December.
I am trying doing it with the script #1 given below. Something is wrong here apparently, since I do
not obtain any picture.Everything works fine however if I do not perform the area averaging (script #2).
What is wrong in my actions?

Thanks,
                         Simon

Script #1:

'open DDF/regcmPRCS1-CT.ddf'
'set t 1 12'
'set tlsupp year'
'define temp=ave(aave(ta,lon=35.5,lon=37,lat=29.5,lat=34),t+0,t=360,12)'
'enable print aavemonth.temp.gm'
'd temp-273'
'draw title area averaged temperature'
'print'
'disable print'

Script #2:

'set lat 32'
'set lon 34'
'set t 1 12'
'set tslupp year'
'define temp=ave(ta,t+0,t=360,12)'
'enable print month.gm'
'd temp-273'
'd prec'
'draw title mean monthly temperatures'
'print'
'disable print'

Simon Krichak, Principal Research Associate
Dept. of Geophysics and Planetary Sciences
Faculty of Exact Sciences
Tel Aviv University