Problem Finding UDUNITS.DAT in Windows XP Environment

Brent Frakes Brent_Frakes at NPS.GOV
Mon Mar 19 13:38:34 EDT 2007

I am also running into the problem of getting PCGRADS to find the
UDUNITS.DAT file when attempting to read a NetCDF file.  I am running GRADS
in the Windows XP environment.  Please note that I have read the listserve
archive of advice and have

"put my data files (udunits.dat, fonts, etc.) into a directory (AKA
"folder"),
pointed my GADDIR environment variable at that path, and started GrADS."

but am still having problems.  Has anyone else solved this riddle?  Am I
missing a step?

Other things I have tried:
1. Removing and reinstalling
2.  Removing any reference to the PCGRADS in the the registry

Thanks
Brent

Brent Frakes  --->  Rocky Mountain Network Data Manager
National Park Service
1201 Oakridge Drive
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Phone: 970-267-2156; Fax: 970-225-3573