Control date/time axis in time series

Simon Krichak shimon at CYCLONE.TAU.AC.IL
Mon Mar 19 08:59:57 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have 10 y of gridded mean-monthly data and I want to draw a graph with
time variation of air temperature from January to December at a geographic location.
I do it with the script given below. It works successfully I think.
My problem is that the X-axis labelling includes not only the months but also
the year from which my calculations started.
Please tell me how can I get rid of the year (say 1961) in the label.

'set lat 32'
'set lon 34'
'set t 1 12'
'define temp=ave(ta,t+0,t=360,12)'
'enable print month.gm'
'd temp-273'
'd prec'
'draw title mean monthly temperatures'
'print'
'disable print'

Regards,
Simon

Simon Krichak, Principal Research Associate
Dept. of Geophysics and Planetary Sciences
Faculty of Exact Sciences
Tel Aviv University