Longitude-Height anomaly plot

John Guhin johnguhin at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 14 17:52:16 EDT 2007

Hi,
     I am trying to produce a Longitude-height anomaly for temp (averaged
over 5S to 5N, and also averaged over a time period). So X-axis is
Longitude, and Y-axis is height.
I tried this, and the script is working. But I know that it is not what I
wanted. I wanted to calculate the anomaly at each point of time, and each
grid; then make an average of the anomalies over 5S to 5N, and over a time
period (20mar to 25mar).

'sdfopen temp.2000.nc'
'set lon 40 200'; 'set z 1 12'; 'set lat 0'
'define mean=ave(ave(temp,time=20mar,time=10jun),lat=-5,lat=5)'
'define aa=ave(ave(temp-mean,time=20mar,time=25mar),lat=-5,lat=5)'
'd aa'

I tried using a loop, but that did not work.  Any help!!