GRIBMAP Status Code

David Novak novak at ACCUWX.COM
Wed Mar 14 08:31:16 EDT 2007

Hello,

I think this is a question for any GRIBMAP / GRADS developers out there.

I've been getting a gribmap error code while trying to use PERL and opening
up one specific SST dataset from NCEP.

The error returned is "Gribmap returned with status = 37120". Gribmap is
working fine when run outside PERL and running fine for many other datasets.

Is there somewhere out there where I can get more info on the status
returned?

Below is a complete output from PERL and the error.

Perl system call

$gribmap_rc = system("gribmap -i sst_old.ctl");

Run gribmap using  sst_old.ctl

gribmap:  Scanning binary GRIB file(s):

gribmap:  Opening GRIB file rtg_sst_grb_0.5

gribmap:  Reached EOF

gribmap:  Writing the map...

Gribmap returned with status = 37120

Dave Novak