grads on win XP

Monica Ionita monica.ionita at METEO.INMH.RO
Wed Mar 14 05:23:38 EDT 2007

Hi!

So with computer A everything is O.K. No cygwin....everything goes great.

Computer B:
Many user, although just one administrator.  I still think the problem is
Cygwin.
You said that Cygwin on computer B was installed by user E, but the data and
work area are in user O's subdirectory.
So it should not give a conflict.
Even though there is just one administrator when a user installs a new
software or something like this most of the files will be on his account,
which I guess is the case now. If user E installed Cygwin and user O
installed Grads it should not be any problems, because everyone of them has
is on share on that computer and I think Cygwin can't overwrite the dll
files of grads.

It is just my own opinion.

I had problems on a computer like your C computer. I was most of the time
using that computer and had full control on it.
I had Cygwin and Grads installed on C. It was impossible to work with grads
while Cygwin was installed on my computer.
If you try to delete Cygwin there is still one problem. You need first to
unistall it and then erase from Registry directory everything that is
related to Cygwin, otherwise Grads won't work.
It may sound a little bit complicated, but I spent almost one week to figure
out what was the problem.
I hope this will help you and my advice is to try to delete Cygwin and
reinstall Grads. In my case this was the only option.
Good luck!
Monica