Error in data desriptor file in Win32e version of Grads

Shri. A. K. Jaswal akjaswal at IMDPUNE.GOV.IN
Thu Mar 8 16:48:10 EST 2007

Dear All,
I was using earlier PC DOS version of Grads. Now I have recently installed Win32e version of Grads (V1.8 sl11) on my machine and when I try to open data desriptor file, I am getting following message :
Open Error : Looking for ENDVARS statement. Instead found :
----> The invalid desription file record is
----> endvars
The data file is not opened.
I am having Windows XP operating system on my workstation. All these data desriptor files are working perfectly in  the previous version which is  V1.7 beta.
In the Win32e version, there are Grads, GradsC, GradsDODS, GradsHDF and GradsNC executable files. Which one is suitable to me. My data files are binary files created on Compaq Alpha servers having Open VMS v7.3 operating system.
Thanks all.
A. K. Jaswal.