Weird Error

Steven C Chan scchan at ATMOS.UMD.EDU
Mon Mar 5 11:53:20 EST 2007

I just checked the data file again.

It is indeed a NaN value not a -9999.99 like number. The original file
actually is created not for Grads -- it is just some binary file written
in a way that is consistent with Grads order of x and y with the NaN
inserted in.

I am not sure if you can set a control file in a way to ignore NaN.

About using set gxout grfill: It did shaded the SST correctly. But Grads
now is also shading the NaN values (i.e. land) together with the
correctly shaded SST.

Steven Chan