Station data

Ben-Jei Tsuang btsuang at YAHOO.COM
Sun Mar 4 14:06:52 EST 2007

Dear Ioannis:

I have a utility stngrads. It convert ascii data to GrADS station binary format. Please see
:
http:/140.120.30.2/~bjtsuang/grads/

and looking for stngrads for details. After download the source code and type "make" to compile the source code. But you have to swap 1) the stationID and timeID, and 2) lat and lon for your data the change your data format slightly.

Ben

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ioannis Koletsis
  To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
  Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 7:48 PM
  Subject: Station data

  Dear grads users,
  I have a txt file with 20 stations with the following parameters:

  station id | date | hour | lat | lon | temp | wind speed | direction | weather symbol

  Which is the easiest way to create the .dat file in order to plot temp, wind barb and symbol for each station?
  Thanks in advance
  Ioannis

  Ioannis Koletsis
  National Observatory of Athens
  Institute of Environmental Research and Sustainable Development
  Lofos Koufou-Penteli
  I.Metaxa & Vas. Pavlou
  Penteli 15236
  GREECE