display error in Gradsnc

Min Min mmin2006 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 13 09:37:06 EDT 2007

Dear Grads Users,

I'm a new comer and met some display error when I use Gradsnc to display the
var of some netcdf files.

1. the first kind of error

ga-> q file 1
File 1 :
  Descriptor: /Users/MODWCS100.nc
  Binary: /Users/MODWCS100.nc
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 381  Ysize = 461  Zsize = 1  Tsize = 1
  Number of Variables = 1
    lst 0 -999 LST
ga-> d lst
SDF data variable has unsupported packed data type.
Data Request Error:  Error for variable 'lst'
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = lst

the datatype of this netcdf variable is int32. I think Gradsnc should
support int32. And I don't why Grads still has such error info.

2.
the second file shows error info:

ga-> q file 2
File 2 :
  Descriptor: /Users/new100.nc
  Binary: /Users/new100.nc
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 41  Ysize = 9  Zsize = 1  Tsize = 1
  Number of Variables = 1
    qual_h2o 0 -999 Qual_H2O
ga-> d qual_h2o
Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
  'qual_h2o' not a variable or function name
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = qual_h2o

I checked http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/descriptorfile.html#VARS , it
seems that varname shouldn't include the underscore character. But I have
ever successfully displayed another varname which includes "_" in its
varname. So I feel very confused about these error info.

Anyone know about it?? Could you give me some help?? Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Sincerely,
Min