changing the color of missing data in 2d plot

Matthias Grzeschik grz at UNI-HOHENHEIM.DE
Tue Jun 12 01:56:36 EDT 2007

Hi Etienne,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 05:53:51PM -0400, Etienne wrote:
> I would like to change the color of missing data from
> the background color (white in my case) to another
> color (grey).

as far as I know, there is now color for missing values.  Missing values
are not plotted at all and then you see the background color.

> If I use set background 15 the missing data is grey
> but the whole image (plot area and all that
> surrounding) is also grey.  So how can I
>
> 1) change the "missing color"
>
> or
>
> 2)change the background color only for the plot area
> (not everything surrounding it).

I use normaly number 3). ;-)  I create first the plot and determine with
the command  "q w2xy <v1> <v2>" the corners of my plot.  Then I start
again from scratch with drawing a gray rectangle with the size and
position of my plot and plot afterwards.

Best regards,
Matthias