display two times

Stegert stegert at IFM.UNI-HAMBURG.DE
Fri Jun 1 05:28:55 EDT 2007

Dear Rafael,

what is the time-resolution?
you say: 'each files cotain a one hour of my run...'
The ctl names look as if you have 1 timestep in each
ctl (i.e. 5 timesteps alltogether), is it right?

as a possibility I'd suggest, you define
a dummy ctl/grads file with x/y/z resolution  = 1
and the sum of timesteps (here 5) for one variable
(say 'var') with all values set to '1'.
Then, recursively collect the values from your ctl's and
set them on the new variable:

open var.ctl (will be dfile 1)
open wrfnmm_d01_00.ctl (dfile 2)
open wrfnmm_d01_06.ctl (dfile 3)
open wrfnmm_d01_12.ctl (dfile 4)
open wrfnmm_d01_18.ctl (dfile 5)
open wrfnmm_d01_24.ctl (dfile 6)

itime0 = 1
itime1 = 5 (your end time)

while (itime0 <= itime1)
*first take the value from your ctl
   'set dfile 'itime0+1
   set lat 9.5
   set lon -66.5
   set lev 850
   set t 1
   'd 'apcpsfc
   vartmp = subwrd(result,4)
*then put it on 'var'
   'set dfile 1'
   'set x 1'
   'set y 1'
   'set z 1'
   'set t 'itime0
   'set defval var 1 1 ' vartmp
   itime0 = itime0+1
endwhile

*afterwards you should be able to display the new variable
'set dfile 1'
'set x 1'
'set y 1'
'set z 1'
'set t 1 5'
'd var'

Implement this into your meteogram skript (I didn't have
a closer look on that...)
You can use 'var' for each other varialbe of your ctl, of course.

Hope this works for you.
Christoph

--
Christoph Stegert
Institute for Oceanography - Ecological Modelling group