binary raster files in GrADS

M.Mahakur mmahakur at TROPMET.RES.IN
Tue Jul 24 06:57:59 EDT 2007

Dear Dr. Dan,

I tried to pull the following small  tarball and since it is a ONLY ONE
band BIL I feel it could be display using GrADS.

ftp://sidads.colorado.edu/DATASETS/NOAA/G02158/SNODAS_20070722.tar

Looking at the Header I tried.  Please see the attached ctl and  image
file. It is a 16 bit raster image but I feel the valid data is max 581
(within 10 bits) kg per sqr m. I did not understand what is meant ny
axis offset, so just ignored!

Regards,

Mahakur