Convert data in bufr format to ascii

Giannakos Apostolos geom06005 at GEO.AEGEAN.GR
Sat Jul 21 07:18:35 EDT 2007

Dear list

I run GrADS 1.8s11 in Slackware 10.2(linux). I have a file in bufr format and i want to convert it to ascii and derive from the various fields that has horizontal visibility. Finally i want the ascii file to has these fields: Station lat lon  Year Month Day Time Visibility Does anyone knows what procedure should i follow to convert from bufr to ascii?

I am also attaching a file in bufr format that i want to convert.

Thanks in Advance for your time

Apostolis Giannakos

Laboratory of Satellite Meteorology Climatology
Department of Geography
University of Aegean
Mytilene Greece