Udunits(3) error

Faez Bakalian faez at ATMSCI.MSRC.SUNYSB.EDU
Mon Jan 29 11:49:03 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I am new to Grads and am having lots of programs downloading the program
onto my PC.  I am running everything from MS windows XP 2000.

I downloaded wind32e under the MS windows icon option on the
download page (http://www.iges.org/grads/downloads.html).

I put my nc file in the same directory as my gradsnc program.

When I type the following command to open my nc file I get the following
error message:

ga> sdfopen filename.nc

Scanning self-describing file: filename.nc
udunits(3): Couldn't open units database
"/usr/local/src/udunits-1.11.7/etc/udunits.dat": No such file or directory
UDUNITS package initialization failure

Does anyone understand why this is happening and how I can fix it??

First, I tried the entire download procedure on someone elses PC and the
program worked just fine.  So perhaps one of my other programs is
interfering with GRADS??

Also, I am on a PC using MICROSOFT WORKS (NOT LINUX OR ANY OTHER PACKAGE
LIKE THAT) so the directory "/usr/local/src/..." does not exist on my
computer (only the usual directories starting with C:\).

Thank you.

FB