Snow in GraDS

Patrick Reuter preuter at LABRI.FR
Sat Jan 27 15:28:23 EST 2007

Hi Folks using Grads !

Can someone tell me how to calculate the 6h accumulated snowfall frm the
GFS grib entry ? I saw the WEASD entry in kg/m*m, but I dont know how to
interpret this data. It seems to be some sort of accumulation, but from
when ? To get the snowfall for one 6h interval, do I have to take the
difference between two entries ?

Example : GFS Data calculated at 00Z the 20070127. I want the snowfall
from 6h to 12h. Do I have to take the difference between the two values
(WEASD+12 - WEASD+6) ?

Hope this is clear ... Any help is greatly appreciated!!

BTW : 1 kg/m*m is about 1cm snow ?

   Patrick