Images for the www

Alessandro Mandelli mandelli.alessandro at TELE2.IT
Fri Jan 26 10:10:51 EST 2007

claudio cortes wrote:
> in windows the automating process is little difficult due to windows
> don't have a powerful scripting language than linux (bash), my firs
> attempts of automatic image generation with grads was a long time ago
> in windows, in windows you need to program large an tedious scripts,
> but in linux with few lines of code you have a complete automated
> process.

This is not at all correct. The password here is "methodology".
The truth is that *grads* is not working correctly in a windows shell
because arguments are not passed correctly, and this is a very big
limiting factor to diffusion of grads in windows environment, set aside
the long standing "carriage return and line feed" bug.
There is no bash in windows, true, but there are many more available
IDEs in multiple languages. I personally use Linux, but refused to learn
shell scripting language which is all but intuitive for IT-challenged
like me.
I'm not advocating one platform or another. I'm simply measuring my
mileage, and YMMV.