GRADS on RHEL4 x86_64

Patrice Dumas pertusus at FREE.FR
Fri Jan 26 07:59:05 EST 2007

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 06:40:27AM -0500, Timothy Lin wrote:
> Hi,
> has anyone gotten grads to work on RHEL4 x86_64 ?
> I've been recompiling the SRPM packages available to Fedora 5/6 ,they
> compiled fine with a little hackery but seg faults whenever i try to run

RHEL4 is based on fedora 3, so it is better to use rpms for FC3. In the
FC-5/FC-6 branches there is a dependency on wgrib which won't be
satisfied.

Why didn't you use the centos rebuild of the fedora core 3 grads rpm at
http://centos.karan.org/el4/extras/stable/x86_64/RPMS/?

> # grads
>
> Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.8SL10
> Copyright (c) 1988-2001 by Brian Doty
> Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
> Institute for Global Environment and Society
> All Rights Reserved
>
> Config: v1.8SL10 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf hdf-sds lats
> athena printim

Strange thing is that in the rpm there is no grads command, but gradsc,
and it is 1.9b4. So I guess you're using a 1.8 grads on your path.

--
Pat