X and Y axis Plots with cross section

Mary Jo Nath Mary-Jo.Nath at NOAA.GOV
Wed Jan 24 14:56:28 EST 2007

Alan,

The cross-section is a 2-D plot. The SFC P is considered a 1-D line
plot. GrADS must compute the plotting space differently for the two
different types of plots. Try using the "set parea" command to force the
plots into the same-sized space. (See the documentation for how to use
"set parea".) Use "set vrange" to match the SFC P Y-axis scale to the
Y-axis pressure coordinate in the cross-section plot, and use the same
"set lon" for both plots.

MJ