fwrite bends values

Heiner Körnich heiner at MISU.SU.SE
Thu Jan 4 05:55:19 EST 2007

Hi,

I am not sure what goes wrong. But I think your pictures show that the
new file has too many data entries. For every latitudinal circle you
should have one longitude too much and thus, the temperature signal is
shifted. This happens hardly recognizable at low latitudes, since there
the shift is only a few degrees, but in high latitudes, the shift sums
up to twenty and more degrees.

So, please check the file size. It should be 4 times number of latitudes
times number of longitudes. If you use "set lon -180 180", it is number
of latitudes times (number of longitudes plus one). I just saw that you
use "sequential", so add two to number of longitudes.

However, using "set x 1 360" or "set lon -180 180" must make a
difference in the number of elements written to the file.

You could try to remove the "sequential"-option from both the
"fwrite"-call and from the ctl-file.

I do not quite understand your entry in the ctl-file:
temp2 27 122,109,0 ** temperature

Maybe try instead:
temp2 1 99 ** temperature

Happy new year,
Heiner

--
Heiner Körnich
Dept. of Meteorology            Tel:  +46 8 164333