Other GrADS distribution sites

Graziano Giuliani giuliani at LAMMA.RETE.TOSCANA.IT
Wed Feb 28 03:26:22 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 14:34 -0500, Jennifer Adams wrote:
> Dear All,
> We are wondering how many other sites besides COLA are distributing a
> verison of GrADS. Please don't be shy; we're not angry or jealous,
> just curious -- we'd like to know where else GrADS is available. If
> you are distributing a version of GrADS, please send me the URL.
[...]

I am currently the mantainer of the archlinux grads package at

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?do_Details=1&ID=7868

It is not a binary package, You have to recompile it, but it includes a
patch which:

1) Solves some warnings in compilation
2) Use Netcdf-3 interface instead of Netcdf-2 for netcdf sdf
3) Add shapefile format capabilities for mpdset data sources (links
against shapelib (http://shapelib.maptools.org/).
4) Correct a small bug for the linking of imagemagick for the deprecated
wi capability.
5) Link against new libnc-dap and dap++
6) Revamps autotools layer

I had another GRADS "custom" version, with capability to open stdout as
file target for images (useful in CGI environment where I did not want
for megabytes of scratch images lying around), but I did distribute it
more than five years ago and the server where it was hosted has long
gone. Was not hard to implement, but now with cheap-as-chips storage I
think it should be not nedded anymore.

Ciao,
        Graziano.
--