dat file does not exit

Meredith Croke mcroke at AIRDAT.COM
Thu Feb 15 11:27:29 EST 2007

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to produce a .dat file of 15 days worth of data, each with
forecast hours out to 384.  The problem I am running into is, I am missing a
few of these files due to server problems, when the script can't find the
data file I get a segmentation fault and grads closes.  Is there a way I can
write in my script after the open command that if the file does not exist,
skip and move onto the next forecast hour?  I tried creating fake data files
with nothing in them in the hopes I would get either some kindof text output
or 9999 in my tab delimited file but I just got an I/O error and the script
stopped running.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Meredith