defval ??

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at ARPAL.ORG
Thu Feb 15 03:22:47 EST 2007

warriors answer ...

1) q defval works for DEFINED variables, NOT for variables described in
ctl file ... try: define uuu=ugrdprs and apply your syntax to uuu, it
should work

2) on my opinion the documentation is clear enough. Anyway if you have
more than one data file you could describe all your data by a single ctl
file using the template option.

3) The "read" command is not used for data files but for ascii files: it
returns a return code (you may wish calling it "rc") and the content of
what you have read.

Hoping to help a bit ...
Bye bye

        Davide

--
Sacchetti Davide
ARPAL UO3 Centro Meteo Idrologico Regione Liguria - Dir. Scientifica