Shading Undefined Values

Gregory Clarke gsclarke at EMIRATES.NET.AE
Fri Feb 9 02:05:32 EST 2007

Good Day All,

I would like to know if it is possible to shade the areas of gridded data
that are undefined.

I have the the following line in my control file...

undef -99999

If I try to set the contour values in the script to work with this value,
GrADS does not shade the area; e.g.

'set cmin -100000'
'set cmax -99990'
'set cint 1'
'd myvar'

I have gone through the GrADS manual and archive, and at the moment the
only possible way is to "define" the undefined area with some loop testing
the value at each grid point, and then plotting the redefined variable.

Kind regards
Greg Clarke
Support: OMAA