Contour Plots from Irregularly Spaced Data

Jayakrishnan PR prjayakrishnan at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 29 00:53:25 EST 2007

Dear Dennis,
      You will be able to plot irregularly spaced lat and long data using
grads. It is done using the station grads. In that each data is considered
as station data. You can also have the shaded plots. After making the
station data there is provision to interpolate the data using oacres
function. You can also use this. If any further doubts ask me.
Hope this helps.....

On Dec 28, 2007 8:57 PM, Dennis F. Kahlbaum <kbomb at umich.edu> wrote:

> I'm a new GRADS user on a Mac system. After many attempts, I haven't been
> able to generate a contour plot using irregularly spaced lat/long data
> with
> a map showing state outlines in the background.  Since such tasks are
> routinely performed with GRADS, I must be missing something, or perhaps my
> installation is faulty.  I've searched online, but haven't been able to
> find
> example scripts and data sets for doing this type of graphic.  If you have
> or know of any such examples, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --Dennis

Jayakrishnan.P.R
Junior Research Fellow
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
Cochin University of Science And Technology (CUSAT), Cochin-16
Kerala, India.
Mob: 09895417565