Contour Plots from Irregularly Spaced Data

Dennis F. Kahlbaum kbomb at UMICH.EDU
Fri Dec 28 10:27:17 EST 2007

I'm a new GRADS user on a Mac system. After many attempts, I haven't been
able to generate a contour plot using irregularly spaced lat/long data with
a map showing state outlines in the background.  Since such tasks are
routinely performed with GRADS, I must be missing something, or perhaps my
installation is faulty.  I've searched online, but haven't been able to find
example scripts and data sets for doing this type of graphic.  If you have
or know of any such examples, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

--Dennis