Help in removing spikes from output of MM5 model

See Hai Ooi axl419 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 28 03:11:59 EST 2007

Dear all,

     I use GrADS window version 1.8SL9 for my research
work. After employing fwrite to extract the analysed
mean sea level pressure data from the MM5 Domain 2 (12
km) output, the display of isobar analysis shows
spikes of lines from 2 S to 6.5 N.  I tried to use
different map projections, skip function [if I use
skip(pslv,2,2), the chart is blank] as well as to get
the analysis done above the equator (one told me that
it could be due to data transformation problem near
the equator) but the problem still persists.  My
friends in the Malaysian and Brunei Meteorological
Departments told me that such problem does not exist
when using LINUX GrADS.  As I have to rely on my
window GrADS version, can someone help me to resolve
this problem, if possible ?  The relevant files are
attached herewith for your reference.

    Thank you.

Sincerely,

(Mr) OOI See-hai
a retired meteorologist
cum part-time research worker in Malaysia