wind profile in skew-T plot

Ufficio Meteo cmt.meteo at ARPA.VENETO.IT
Tue Dec 11 10:47:59 EST 2007

I think data are right: wm is the magnitude (converted in knots before plotskew, but this is not important) and wa is the angle from north.
I suppose that the problem deals with how plotskew.gs reads levels in the part plotting the wind profile.
In fact:
- if I put e.g. "set lev 1050 200" before calling plotskew, then all works well except the wind profile (as I said in my last e-mail)
- if I don't put such an initial setting (and so let the original 41 levels), then all works well (the wind profile too) but the whole plot cannot be restricted to a given subset of levels.
Does this happen because plotskew is not designed for irregular or float pressure levels?
How can I overcome such a problem? Is it necessary to modify plotskew.gs?

Could anyone send this question also to Bob Hart, if the latter possibility arose?

Antonino Bonan

I'm protected by SpamBrave
http://www.spambrave.com/