Compiling Grads on Ubuntu

Jayakrishnan PR prjayakrishnan at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 11 00:14:36 EST 2007

I am using grads on Ubuntu system and it works properly. For the
installation I have to add one library file called libtermap.so.2 (if I am
right). After the inclusion of this in the /lib folder grads started working
properly. Hope this may help a little.....

On Dec 11, 2007 2:18 AM, Heiner Körnich <heiner at misu.su.se> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using the one set of precompiled binaries on Ubuntu, I think it is
> RHE3 on the Grads-homepage.
>
> Regards,
> Heiner
>

> On Dec 10, 2007 7:57 PM, jcrosby < jcrosby at scotiaweather.com> wrote:
>
> > Good afternoon everyone,
> >
> > Simple question which has eluded me for weeks now.  Does anyone have a
> > good guide on how to compile  Grads on a Ubuntu system?
> >
> > I've gotten a few libraries that I think are needs, like Image libs and
> > Zlib and libs similar to what you need in Fedora, but when I run the
> > make it keeps crashing out.  Anyone know of good compile guides for a
> > newbie user?
> >
> > --
> > Joseph Crosby
> > Network Administrator
> > Scotia Weather Service Inc.
> > netadmin at scotiaweather.com
> > -----------
> > A byte walks into a bar and orders a pint. Bartender asks him "What's
> > wrong?" Byte says "Parity error." Bartender nods and says "Yeah, I thought
> > you looked a bit off."
> >

> --
> Heiner Körnich
> Dept. of Meteorology            Tel:  +46 8 164333
> Stockholms University, SE-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
> Email: heiner at misu.su.se   www.misu.su.se/~heiner/<http://www.misu.su.se/%7Eheiner/>

Jayakrishnan.P.R
Junior Research Fellow
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
Cochin University of Science And Technology (CUSAT), Cochin-16
Kerala, India.
Mob: 09895417565