Alternatives to cnvgrib for GRADS

Brian Gaze brian.gaze at NTLWORLD.COM
Sun Dec 2 13:32:42 EST 2007

I'm trying to use degrib. Everything 'works' ok and the files and the GrADS
datafiles are created, but the .ctl only contains one variable. This is
despite the fact that I have download the complete (~46mb) GRIB2 file.

The commands I'm running to convert are:

/degrib/bin/degrib "GRIB file" -C -msg 1 -Flt
/degrib/bin/degrib "GRIB file" -C -msg 1 -Flt -Interp -GrADS
/degrib/bin/degrib "GRIB file" -C -msg 1 -Flt -GrADS

The .ctl file created contains the following information showing only 1
variable instead of the full set which I would expect to see. Any ideas what
is causing this to happen?

DSET ^HGT_12061200.flt
OPTIONS big_endian
OPTIONS yrev
UNDEF 9999.000000
TITLE GrADS control file based on GRIB2 file.
XDEF 720 LINEAR 0.000000 0.500000
YDEF 361 LINEAR 90.000000 0.500000
ZDEF 1 LINEAR 0 1
TDEF 1 LINEAR 12:00Z02Dec2007 1MN