moving nest plots - world coordinates convert error

JEFFREY S GALL jsg229 at PSU.EDU
Tue Aug 21 14:48:28 EDT 2007

Grads users,

I have run WRF using nested domains, with the inner-most domain being a vortex following nest.  When I output the inner most domain, I print out only 1 frame per output file.  I then successfully created a .dat and .ctl file for each output file.

I then am interested in creating a 4 panel plot showing sea level pressure at 4 different times (t=0,12,24,36 hrs).   To do this, I have a  grads script that does:
'reinit'

* this is only for grads -l, need to change for grads -p

* 4 panel slvl plots

t1=1
t2=13
t3=25
t4=37

*UL
'set vpage 0 5.5 4.25 8.5'
'open d03v2.1.1_exp1_'t1'.ctl'
'set grads off'
'd slvl.1'

*LL
'set vpage 0 5.5 0 4.25'
'open d03v2.1.1_exp1_'t2'.ctl'
'set grads off'
'd slvl.2'

*UR
'set vpage 5.5 11 4.25 8.5'
'open d03v2.1.1_exp1_'t3'.ctl'
'set grads off'
'd slvl.3'

*LR
'set vpage 5.5 11 0 4.25'
'open d03v2.1.1_exp1_'t4'.ctl'
'set grads off'
'd slvl.4'

The lat-lon values on the axes do not change, however, so that by the final plot, the vortex is pretty much off of the domain.  How do I get the x-axis and y axis to change for each plot?  I know the moving nest worked because when I open just open d03v2.1.1_exp1_'t4'.ctl', for example, and plot sea level pressure the vortex is at the center of the domain.

How do I fix this problem??

Any input would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff