Plotting gridded binary data

Mary Jo Nath Mary-Jo.Nath at NOAA.GOV
Wed Apr 18 13:26:07 EDT 2007

Brad,

Here's something to check:
How many bytes are in your file /home/bradn/WINDVERIF/comparing.dat
which contains one record with 360 x 181 elements? If your data is
32-bit, then your file should have 360 x 181 x 4 bytes. If it has "360 x
181 + 2) x 4 bytes, then you need to add "options sequential" to the
descriptor file to account for the extra control words (one at the start
and one at the end of the record.) If it's neither of these, then maybe
the problem is how the file was written.

MJ