Grib2ctl.pl problem

Adam K. Gobena agobena at UALBERTA.CA
Tue Apr 17 15:48:48 EDT 2007

Hi,
I am trying to use grib2ctl.pl on windows XP to create a ctl file for GRIB
data. I have grib2ctl.pl, wgrib.exe v1.8.0.9m1 and cygwin1.dll, all in the
same path, c:>Grads\PCGrads\win32e\. I also have Perl5 for windows from
ActivePerl. I specified the location of Perl as #!c:\Perl\bin\perl -w.
When I try the command

c:>Grads\PCGrads\win32e> grib2ctl.pl inputfile.grib >xyz.ctl

all I get is an empty file xyz.ctl and the grib2ctl.pl script opened in a
text editor. I tried with lat-lon grids as well as gaussian grids (from
NCEP's Climate Forecast System, which I have to use eventually) but to no
avail. Can somebody out there help me solve this problem?

Thanks,
Adam