create a control file?

Alessandro Mandelli mandelli.alessandro at TELE2.IT
Mon Apr 16 17:38:04 EDT 2007

Sumners, Benjamin Watson wrote:
> I am using a Windows XP version of GrADS, and have not been able to figure
> out how to make the control file from a .grb file using this system.  I have
> come across grib2ctl.pl for unix/linux, but that doesn't help me any.
> advice?  sorry if this has been covered before, but I cannot find this in
> the archives.

Download and install ActivePerl. Put perl in the path and then,
supposing your grib is named z500.ens-5.grb, invoke:

C:> perl grib2ctl.pl -verf z500.ens-5.grb > z500.ens-5.ctl

Then

C:> dos2unix z500.ens-5.ctl

Finally, to create the index file

C:> gribmap -i z850.ens-5.ctl